Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by DomsBeard »

Just starting Street Fighter x Tekken. The intro movies brilliant!

Must not pick Ryu or Ken, must not pick Ryu or Ken.....
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You start the tutorial as Ryu......

And Ken....... :)

Great tutorial to let you know about the crosses etc and it looks very nice. Going to see how Poison and Juri work together. :)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

That's a team I used originally, Poison has a very quick AA attack which is handy.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

NokkonWud wrote:That's a team I used originally, Poison has a very quick AA attack which is handy.
I really wanted Poison in SSFIV so I thought it was only right I chose her! :).
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

After a strong start to the Battlefield XP event I fell to the wayside after loading up my Tales of Vesperia save (26 hours in) and have been hooked since. The pile of shame includes Tales of Graces f so I'm dead set on completing Vesperia first. Starting to get a little intimidated by the new games coming out, must have a few hours pumped into almost all the latest games but I've got a whole back catalogue of Wii games I'd love to be playing, a copy of Okamiden arrived today too and I'm starting to doubt my sanity. To top it off I'm quite sold on playing Syndicate despite the closing comments of the latest podcast... Fuuuck!!!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Started Dishonored at the weekend, so far so good. I decided I was going to try not kill anyone at all, that lasted 5 minutes!.

More Battlefield 3 taking advantage of the double xp, finally got the hang of helicopters too! :)
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Recently played through Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 - not very good! The campaign lacks variety and feels unfinished. Very short and the story wasn't as good as the first game.

I still had a few moments of feeling cool with a lightsaber, and it was good looking at points, but I recommend going back and replaying the first one if you want to chuck around some stormtroopers.

Next up I'm making a start on Sleeping Dogs, and going through a replay of Blood Money before Absolution comes out.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

gone back to Diablo 3, finally made progress out of Act II in inferno, bought new shiny gear, and now on Act IV - after 6 months, i may finally finish inferno difficulty.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I've been playing AC3, and, I must be the only person on Earth who isn't bothered by the pacing. Some excellent character development in that game.

It's buggy as shit, but, the story has been good enough to keep me invested.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Finally had my dispatch notice for Assassins Creed III Freedom Edition. Just a week later than launch date!
Haly

Post by Haly »

DomsBeard wrote:Started Dishonored at the weekend, so far so good. I decided I was going to try not kill anyone at all, that lasted 5 minutes!.

More Battlefield 3 taking advantage of the double xp, finally got the hang of helicopters too! :)
There's double xp at the moment? Ooh, might have to find the time for that. :)

I've been mostly playing AC3. Slow to start but I'm starting to really get into it now. Do quite miss the setting of the past titles though.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You've just missed the double xp it ran Weds-Sun last week.

Got SSX from Lovefilm and its fun to mess around with but I think I missed the boat with this as its quiet online now.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I picked up Assassins Creed 3 at the weekend so have been playing that the past couple of days.

It's without question more of the same so if you've not previously been a fan of the series this won't do anything to change your mind.

The first 6 hours are basically a glorified tutorial and after that is when it becomes a little more open. I did wonder if I was actually going to be able to do my thing at all as the game felt so linear for the first several hours, almost became a chore.

One thing I will say is that the game looks great, and although I've only done one ship section so far, it was definitely a highlight.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Finally fired up Dota 2 this evening. Not the best way to get into the MOBA sub-genre, since the "learn to play" modes are all unavailable in the beta, but I played a few games with bots and figured things out. Even managed to not die and get a few kills by the third match. I don't know how I feel about a lot of things in it; all I can say for certain is that I was having fun once I got the hang of things and picked a hero that wasn't what I estimated to be either a Cleric or Paladin, which the game gave me on the first game when I asked for a random one because there's no possible way to analyse and evaluate every single hero available in the 60 seconds they give you to pick one before the match begins.
Haly

Post by Haly »

DomsBeard wrote:You've just missed the double xp it ran Weds-Sun last week.

Got SSX from Lovefilm and its fun to mess around with but I think I missed the boat with this as its quiet online now.
Typical! Will have to keep an eye out for the next time :)
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

I've recently returned to iOS after a joyless 18 months with a Windows Phone. Anyway, I've finally tried New Star Soccer and I CAN'T STOP PLAYING.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I've just started They Bleed Pixels. Really enjoying it so far, seems good to have on the go to dip in and out of. Would work quite nicely on Vita I think.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Downloaded 10000000 on iOS. A fun quirky little puzzle rpg game with great chip tunes. A great 'one more go' and well worth picking up.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

DomsBeard wrote:10000000 on iOS. A fun quirky little puzzle rpg game with great chip tunes. A great 'one more go' and well worth picking up.
100% agree.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

Unfinished Swan: played with my wife and 3y old daughter. We all loved it. Great little story, fun puzzles and wonderful art and music.