Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
AndyKurosaki

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Rage was ok, but considering it was from "the house of Doom", I felt it could have been better. To be honest, I've practically forgotten everything that happened, other than the abysmal ending.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

RAGE is a good game but fails to keep up with breaking new ground from idsoftware so it gets a fair beating.

The story is shit, the vehicles bits aren't great but the shooting moments are still great fun. Also, the book has a similar ending with a touch more detail, but its still shit ;)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I tried the demo to Rage and quite enjoyed it so I'll see how I get on. Don't tend to play shooters for story as 99% of the time they are dire.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah, it's certainly worth a play through, it's probably pretty cheap these days.

Blitzing my way through Transformers:Fall Of Cybertron, most missions thus far have been fun, blowing stuff up left right and centre. It certainly makes me hopeful for their upcoming Deadpool game...
MAp

Post by MAp »

I've just finished the lipstick murder cases on L.A Noire and having a little brake as I hear people got a little burned out playing each desk one after the other and I'm loving the game too much to let things turn sour. So I'm using my L.A Noire siesta to visit Binary domain, and beyond my mic not working with the voice commands I'm having some fun blasting robot heads and seeing what happens.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Yeah, it's certainly worth a play through, it's probably pretty cheap these days.

Blitzing my way through Transformers:Fall Of Cybertron, most missions thus far have been fun, blowing stuff up left right and centre. It certainly makes me hopeful for their upcoming Deadpool game...
Have they changed much for Fall Of Cybertron? Recently finished War and loved it.
MAp

Post by MAp »

I enjoyed Rage on the whole but became a little confused and then annoyed that it appeared to be a nice little open world but is actually two separate areas that are locked off from each other.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

DomsBeard wrote:
AndyKurosaki wrote:Yeah, it's certainly worth a play through, it's probably pretty cheap these days.

Have they changed much for Fall Of Cybertron? Recently finished War and loved it.
It's your typical £40, cheapest I've seen it is £37 at Tesco. It's probably save to say it'll drop in price by Xmas, certainly if you enjoyed WFC you'll have a great time with this. Only major change they've made this time is give you the option to upgrade your guns/health/shields etc. Going for the "recharge shields faster, extra health" ones is definitely a good idea early on, I didn't upgrade any guns til I kitted those out and I managed just fine.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

I've been watching a lot of Metal Gear Solid 4 ;)
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

How is that movie?
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

It was a joke
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Yes, I did get that.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Ah shit, my mistake. I was on tapa talk and thought this was the Whatcha Been Watching thread. And in that context, I read your post in a different way than was intended....and mentally inserted an "a" as well...sorry
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I have also been playing and watching MGS4 and am looking forward to discussing it on Thursday evening.
I have a lot of questions for the MGS experts on the panel.

I finally picked up Raskulls on XBLA for 400MSP. A wacky mix of Mr Driller, Wonder Boy, Poy Poy, Boulder Dash and Castle Crashers. Worth £3.40 I'd say.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I've just finished Enslaved and all in all really enjoyed it. The characters and acting were great, as lauded in the reviews when it first came out. Although the plot wasn't particularly deep, the relationship of the main characters kept me interested through to the end. I'm not a huge fan of third person platforming, but you can't really mess it up in Enslaved, so it never got in the way. I did find Monkey was a bit light and twitchy to control though. The part I really ended up enjoying was the staff combat, very satisfying.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Combine Hunter wrote:Ah shit, my mistake. I was on tapa talk and thought this was the Whatcha Been Watching thread. And in that context, I read your post in a different way than was intended....and mentally inserted an "a" as well...sorry
…Ah; as in "how can you define that as a movie?"

Well, probably partially on me for never using smileys.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I enjoyed Enslaved but I though the last third was poor
Spoiler: show
from when you go to find Pigsy onwards
ending was total bobbins too
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Tip toed my way into Anor Londo in Dark Souls today. The sheer sense of fragility and dread when exploring a new area for a bonfire immediately after beating a boss is one of the most terrifying moments in gaming. I had 40,000 souls on me, I felt like I was about to get virtually mugged at any time.

Luckily, found a bonfire after some crazy exploration. Phew!
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

Finally got round to The Walking Dead game and I've gone through the first 2 episodes. Great stuff! Some of the voice acting feels a bit hammy, but I like that it feels much closer to the graphic novels than the TV show. I'm starting to wish I hadn't got it on PSN now as there's far too much chatter about episode 3 that I've been desperately trying to block out!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Yeah, I feel for people who are playing it on PS3, especially as Ive heard many say Episode 3 is better than the first two. Finally started it last night, played 15 minutes and it felt like more of the same in a good way. Hopefully episodes 4 and 5 release at the same time on PS3 in Europe next time.