Tale of Tales - Cane & Rinse 81

Archive for issues 51 - 100
ratsoalbion
Admin

Tale of Tales - Cane & Rinse 81

Post by ratsoalbion » May 20th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Lo cunto de li cunti

Independent developer, Tale Of Tales aims to create “emotionally rich interactive entertainment” whilst eschewing the “limitations of competitive play”. In Issue 81, James, Tony and special guest Paul Rooney look at four of their games in an attempt to discuss subtext and the boundaries between video games and interactive art. Hang on, folks, it’s going to get emotional.

Additional audio used in this show is as follows:

Track 1: Komen Te Gaan by Gerry de Mol
Track 2: Safe Song by Force & Jarboe
Track 3: Audio Trailer by Gerry de Mol

Cane & Rinse 81 was edited by Sean O'Brien.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Chopper

Re: Tale of Tales - Cane & Rinse 81

Post by Chopper » May 29th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Great job guys, I really enjoyed the discussion. It's a tough call when none of these games sound appealing to play; and I think a lot of gamers' problems with them is that they don't make many concessions to ease of play. Hearing about the control scheme for Salome, for example, makes me not want to play the game. Obviously this was a conscious decision by the developers and you can see why gamers, a lot of whom are kind of chip-on-our-shoulders types already, are resistant to games that they feel are making fun of them, or god forbid, trolling them (what's wrong with a good old wind-up anyway? When did this become the worst thing? :) ). But you do have to wonder whether the intended effects of bad controls are worth implementing them.

Enjoyed the Tale of Tales section, and the summing up, a lot. It's great that you guys are going to these places with the podcast. Much appreciated; keep up the good work.

Simonsloth

Re: Tale of Tales - Cane & Rinse 81

Post by Simonsloth » December 1st, 2018, 2:52 pm

Interestingly the graveyard has a large presence at the V&A exhibition which is exactly the perfect place for it. A piece of art in an art museum.

Was still frustrating to see people try and “play” it.

I would recommend sunset their very last piece of work as an actual game which is good to play.