The Last of Us

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Todinho »

YES!!!! 10/10 :D
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Has anyone else had a load of problems in the opening half hour of the game? Based on review I feel like I am alone but I've had sound glitching out, scenes loading incorrectly, thirty minute loading screens and short freezes.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Nothing so dramatic that I can recall. The loading is pretty slow though.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Crap, that's what I'd feared. Hope my PS3 isn't on it's way out.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Don't worry, try your other games and if you get issues then you can get a new laser for about £10, they're quite easy to install. How old is the system though? If you post in the console technical Q&A thread I'm sure some of us can help you out.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I tried other games and all ran fine and then went back to TLoU which also ran fine this time. I'll ignore the issue for now but if it happens again this is something I'll have to deal with. Back on topic however and boy has this game got a good opening!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Word of warning to those playing this. Pause occasionally and check that the game is saving properly - if the menu says "Auto saving - please wait" and stays that way, you will lose any progress you make. You'll know it's knackered if the pause menu only lets you access the top 3 categories. Looks like the only thing you can do is pull up the XMB and quit from there.

Just lost about 3 hours. That's it going off for the night :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hmmm, my auto saving worked fine throughout. If in doubt: manual save.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ack! That's odd. My game doesn't stop auto-saving but I always manual save before I switch it off,
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

ratsoalbion wrote:Hmmm, my auto saving worked fine throughout. If in doubt: manual save.
When the bug hits, you can't access the save game option. The game is perpetually trying to autosave - you can't manually save, load, restart encounter or quit to main menu.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh, arsecakes :(
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

New title update for it today weighing in at 46MB. Hope it foxes some of the games minor issues that I have and the major issue with the saves failing.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

dezm0nd wrote:New title update for it today weighing in at 46MB. Hope it foxes some of the games minor issues that I have and the major issue with the saves failing.
I'm wondering if they might've slightly rebalanced the amount of ammo you find too. Going back through the opening few chapters, it definitely felt like I had less than before, but I might be wrong. The autosave thing struck again after the update had installed, but further into the game. It's been fine for the last wee while though, so fingers crossed.

The sense of tension in this game is unreal!
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Man this game takes an age to load! Worth the wait though.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

The load is super long but the transition from scenes in game seems seamless.

Anyone else finding themselves taking this game really slow and exploring every corner?
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Anyone experiencing problems with multiplayer freezing and booting you from game?
Decided to leave campaign for a few days until they fixed save problems and I'm really enjoying the mp.
For a game that is all about the story they have also thought a lot about the mp and unlike other games haven't just tagged a mp on the end of it to please some people
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I couldn't get a game of the multiplayer prior to release and I haven't been back. I felt that the mechanics could lend themselves to an interesting game though.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

It's basically your generic TDM but they have gave you set number of lives per side. It forces you to play as a team in a way I haven't had for a long time. You have to support each other by revives or simply watching your team mates back as they craft a weapon or heal themselves etc. The lone run n gun player doesn't last very long. It would have been easy for them to give us a generic mp mode but its obvious a lot of thought has went into it and they want to be as proud of the mp side of the game as they rightly are of the story side of it
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

arry_g wrote:The load is super long but the transition from scenes in game seems seamless.

Anyone else finding themselves taking this game really slow and exploring every corner?
Not only that but I'm also shit scared of the enemies meaning I'm not in a hurry to bowl through the game like Uncharted 3
Imo

Post by Imo »

Finished it last night (early this morning) and I was absolutely astounded. completely blown away. The credits felt like the end of the most amazing TV series ever. It has issues but It seems churlish to bring them up in light of everything else. What a week for sony.

Dezmond, I was fucking terrified in sections, first time since early silent hills I had to take a break through nerves.