The Last of Us

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mik

Re: The Last of Us

Post by mik »

Pro tip: don't use bullets on those guys.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

mik wrote:Pro tip: don't use bullets on those guys.
Shotgun and nail bombs did the trick before. Hope I don't see anymore
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Yeah its better to just run away killing them it's hard and drains too much resources
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So I've crossed a bridge and now at the end of the tunnel bit (which reminded me of Resident Evil for some reason) involving a rush of infected. How far in the game am I?.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

DomsBeard wrote:So I've crossed a bridge and now at the end of the tunnel bit (which reminded me of Resident Evil for some reason) involving a rush of infected. How far in the game am I?.
How much longer have you got the PS3 for? You can see a percentage number if you hover over your game save on either loading or saving but I'd prefer to have not known that.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've got the whole of tomorrow at it and Sunday night, yeah you're right I don't want to know.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Currently trying to do that avoid the sniper bit about to start attempt number 10. This game really annoys me when you can't be stealthy.

Edit.

Done it thank God then you have a fun section again ;)

Edit 2

That's summer finished, was wondering
Spoiler: show
you can save Sam and Henry is infected as I'm pretty sure when they were jumped by the runners I shot the closest one which was Henry's so Sam was infected. Pretty shocking scene
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

DomsBeard wrote:
That's summer finished, was wondering
you can save Sam and Henry is infected as I'm pretty sure when they were jumped by the runners I shot the closest one which was Henry's so Sam was infected. Pretty shocking scene
Im pretty sure Sam always gets bitten regardless,if i remember correctly I shot the clicker on top of him first
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just started Spring before switching off last night.
Winter has definitely been my favourite part of the story so far, from starting as Ellie to trusting that guy till he says "everything happens for a reason" that's a great scene and makes you think about your actions throughout but I've never killed anyone in The Last Of Us unless they've tried to kill us. The closing scene was touching too as Joel has obviously become attached to Ellie now even though he's fought it from the start.

Fall was ok nothing really stood out apart from the scene between Ellie and Joel where she mentions his daughter. Kept expecting to be attacked by infected monkeys whilst in the science bit ;).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just finished, overall fantastic stuff but not a 10/10 for me yet its possibly my GOTY so far. Now to read through all the spoiler tags!! ;)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Now I've played it through more than once, the less I like it. 6.10, on my personal score scale.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

chase210 wrote:Now I've played it through more than once, the less I like it. 6.10, on my personal score scale.
What makes you say that?. If I had a PS3 I'd loved to have done a new game +
chase210

Post by chase210 »

The things I was more willing to forgive on my first playthrough were significantly more glaring on the second.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

chase210 wrote:The things I was more willing to forgive on my first playthrough were significantly more glaring on the second.
The forced combat sections and running up to that f**king sniper I wouldn't relish again.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Not sure about you guys but I've never given an easier personal 10, I'd even say it's close to a 10 from the multiplayer alone (in reality that's part of a long line of Uncharted clan action but still..). I'm dreading the huge gap between this and a better game. GTA 5 shouldn't; but might feel more like filler than it should as a result. Then again, with the trends of how this has passed Bioshock Infinite as my GOTY I hope I've jinxed it well enough for rockstar to come through with the goods :D

The Last... Guardian? I'm happy to say I very likely got something better in the end. Best wishes to the PS4 and Xbox One!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Last of Us was a definite high eighties (%) or 9/10 for me.

This of course translates as a five star review on BT.com (which would equate to 100% on Metacritic - suggesting that I think it's a "perfect" game, along with fun but clearly not as 'important' things like the Knife of Dunwall Dishonored dlc and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - highlighting the silliness of worrying about both review scores and score aggregators).
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I can definitely see why people like it, and why it got the perfect scores from reviewers. I'm just not feeling it in the same way.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Anyone interested in how Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley approached making this game and the various changes that emerged throughout the development process should watch this genuinely fascinating talk given by Druckmann at the recent Toronto International Game Developers Association.

Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

A really great detailed analysis of The Last of Us. Don't let the run time put you off, it flies by.

(I can't get the embed to work, so click on the link)

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Combine Hunter wrote:(I can't get the embed to work, so click on the link)

I did - fixed! ;)