Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Ghost World

Re: Game Suggestions for the Podcast

Post by Ghost World »

Marcface wrote:VVVVVV obviously. It's the bestest game.
It's already on the list plus Darren Forman is a super fan :D
The Sonic Mole

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by The Sonic Mole »

A show dedicated to Treasure and/or Cave titles would be grand.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Sonic Mole wrote:Treasure and/or Cave
Again, I wouldn't want to under-sell these amazing developers by bundling more than a couple of their titles together, and certainly not a show which featured both Cave and Treasure. One could easily make a hefty show just on Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga or the DoDonPachi lineage. As you know Si, I'm keen but there aren't that many 2D shoot 'em up fans on the team. Darren F is known to dabble and Paul Rooney would be an obvious guest. Sine Mora is on the list too as it's a fascinating game - plus we could talk about Einhander on that one too.
Rest assured, this genre has been in my mind from the beginning.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

A Treasure episode would be awesome. I don't know if you were aware, but I really like Mischief Makers. Getting it talked about some on a show would be cool.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Mischief Makers
Mischief Makers/Yuke! Yuke! Troublemakers would be a cool game to do, as would Stretch Panic/Hippa Linda/Freak Out, Silhouette Mirage and some of their other more unusual titles.

Mischief Makers would require several of us to source either N64 consoles and/or copies of the game which is a barrier. Otherwise there's the possibility of emulation which I'm not fundamentally against for a game which is no longer commercially available.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Well, I'm pretty sure one of the copies of Mischief Makers I have would work in an N64 in the UK, it still being a PAL console.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I think the Fable games would make for good podcasts. The games polarise peoples opinion of them. Also the games have some interesting gameplay ideas yet seemingly make bad dedications too. I would also be interesting talking about the hype machine and promises that come before the games release and its effect on gamers opinion
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Roy42 wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure one of the copies of Mischief Makers I have would work in an N64 in the UK, it still being a PAL console.
That's kind of you, and I'll bear it in mind. Not sure how many of the crew have an N64 nowadays (I sold mine years ago).
Fable
An interesting trilogy to cover. Personally I completed II & III so I would only need to go back and finish the original (Lost Chapters version, naturally).
I'll add it to the list.
link6616

Post by link6616 »

I'm going to suggest that perhaps ones of Sting's more interesting RPGs gets a look at

Riveria (RPG with dating sim elements, may have inspired P3/4, Wonderswan, GBA, PSP)
Knights in Nightmare (stupidly complex SRPG, but you have to navigate bullet hell patterns while inputting your commands... DS/PSP)

Their other Dept Heaven games (where the episode number denotes how strange they are supposedly) are much less interesting than these two entries.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I must confess I know next to nothing about these games Mr link. I'll look into them and the possibility of adding them to the list.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

That's one corner of the gaming world I didn't even know about. RPGs aren't my thang for the most part despite there being obviously great ones out there. Could make for an interesting show, mind!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Arkham Asylum.
Mass Effect 3 (not for ages though volume 3?)
Alpha Protocol (might've said this one before)
link6616

Post by link6616 »

ratsoalbion wrote:I must confess I know next to nothing about these games Mr link. I'll look into them and the possibility of adding them to the list.
They are certainly unique... Although Knights In Nightmare is most certainly not for the feint of heart.
dezm0nd wrote:That's one corner of the gaming world I didn't even know about. RPGs aren't my thang for the most part despite there being obviously great ones out there. Could make for an interesting show, mind!
Mmmm! I really do know this feeling. Having developed a great love for gaming, I've tried to expand my horizons, but some genres still don't have enough pull over me to get me involved in them... Poor FPS games.

I do have one other game which I forgot about which would be worthwhile to look at in the summer if you guys can find enough cartridges. It's a Kojima game and there is a decent group of people who consider it perhaps the purest form of metal gear's gameplay, boktai the sun is in your hand.

That's the GBA game with the solar sensor on it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Pretty sure I mentioned Boktai on the MGS4 show, perhaps it didn't make the cut. There was Boktai 2 as well of course. The combo of being quite difficult to get hold of/play & another Kojima title means it's a very long shot tbh.

One thing for all of you to bear in mind is that we do insist upon each panellist completing each game we cover, so exceptionally long and/or notoriously difficult to complete titles are less likely to get the green light. We only have so much time between podcasts!
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Deadly Premonition.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

DomsBeard wrote:Arkham Asylum.

Would love to do this and I know most (if not all) of the team have completed it.
DomsBeard wrote:ArkhamMass Effect 3 (not for ages though volume 3?)

Perhaps more likely post all SP DLC.
DomsBeard wrote:ArkhamAlpha Protocol (might've said this one before)
Could perhaps be devisive, I do own it but haven't played it. That said, there's probably a lot of other games I would rather play and talk about personally.
ratsoalbion wrote:Pretty sure I mentioned Boktai on the MGS4 show, perhaps it didn't make the cut. There was Boktai 2 as well of course. The combo of being quite difficult to get hold of/play & another Kojima title means it's a very long shot tbh.
You definitely mentioned it in the first record I was on, mentioned both that and Snatcher. Yes, too hard to get a copy really, which is a shame.
Roy42 wrote:Deadly Premonition.
Probably quite likely in the new year after the PS3 release. But it's up to Tony and Leon.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alpha Protocol sat on my shelf for over two years. Once I played it its a very good but very flawed game, perfect for C&R treatment. Hopefully someone will back me up! ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Very likely at some point, this has been on the list since the beginning.
Deadly Premonition
Darren F and I have both finished it and would be keen to talk about it I'm sure.
Alpha Protocol
Again I believe Darren F is a fan. I've never been interested to play this myself but if there was enough demand I could be persuaded.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Alpha Protocol would be a good one as it has a lot of haters plus a cult following.

Talking of cult followings, how about Nier?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Sonic Mole wrote:Nier?
Already on the list. 40 hours plus to complete though.