Battlefield 4

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Dante Fireseed

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Dante Fireseed »

AndyKurosaki wrote:It's ridiculous, they should be ashamed of themselves. The PS3 version was riddled with bugs, but at least your save file never deleted.
Took me about 5 hours on Normal. By the end I died a few times on some tricky sections, as I'd had enough and just wanted it over with. Then it was a case of redoing the last mission (which is pretty short and simple) on Easy two times in a row to see all three "endings". If you can even call them that. And that's me done, I'll be fucked if I'm playing the Campaign ever again.
As you have plus, can't you just upload your save after every session and then if it's deleted, redownload it?
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I guess so, but why should people have to resort to that? It's not like they flash a message up saying "sorry guys, we've fucked up, so cloud save your campaign or it won't save".
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've put a few hours into the 360 version and so far no crashes or kicks. Have they not offered private servers this time?. It doesn't look as good as 3 strangely but some of the maps are great.
MARK-146

Post by MARK-146 »

Put BF4 in last night and thought I'd try and finish the single player campaign......But it started at the very beginning not from where I left it, on further investigation I found there wasn't a save file, checked cloud save, same story so neither save file was safe!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Welcome to the club mate. Still seems to be "finish it in one go or don't bother".
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I hadn't played this for a couple of weeks and went to play with friends last night, initally all seemed fine, but the audio bug on conquest is still present (although not as bad as before) and I still got disconnected on the third match. I can't believe this still isn't fixed.

And the lack of being able to squad up before games is ridiculous.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ya know what? Fuck this game. I've not played it for a while due to the bugs but it's still broken? Nah you're alright, EA.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Strange, I've been playing Conquest loads lately with no problems.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, bar a couple of minor sound glitches and the odd spot of lag I've been playing the game recently and thoroughly enjoying a pretty slick experience. I went Premium so I'm in for the long haul anyway.
The lack of squad lobbies is mystifying though, it's true.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

ok cool, I hope it was a one off then!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I'm still not hopping on the BF4 hate band wagon. I've always tried to give DICE the benefit of the doubt. Admittedly there was & still is problems with the game but as i have said before, BF3 had alot of problems too at launch & wasnt totally fixed until some months after release. The problems in BF4 are still there for some people unfortunately, but for me the game is running smoothly now. I played Conquest Large games last night for 3 hours with no problems(barr the 10 second sound glitch audio dropout at the start of some maps). This has been the case for the last 3 weeks, no major problems. Another patch(+ Second Assault for PS & PC players, hopefully) is due in the next week or so, so fingers crossed this will eradicate the remaining bugs for anyone suffering them. The squad-up before a game is a major miss-step & im guessing it will be implemented once DICE are finished all the bug fixes. From what i can see, DICE are extremely proud of their Battlefield games & this backlash(mainly because the game was rushed out the door by EA & was launching on new tech like XBoxOne & PS4) will really hurt them. Im going on past games here, the pedigree is there, so maybe this could all have been avoided if EA had given them another 6 months dev time.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

PS4 update number 40001 (may as well be) is due tomorrow, yet another 600mb bitch no doubt. Yet Killzone and Need For Speed manage less than 100mb a time. Ah well.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've only noticed the sound drop out on 360 if I spawn into vehicles, other than that I've had no faults other than one crash when trying to join a game.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

There has been no reports of multiplayer problems on 360 or PS3 mate. These problems reside in the XBoxOne & PS4 versions with major bugs on PC also. Apart from the multiplayer looking worse than BF3 on PS3 i had no major probs with the PS3 version(albeit a rather buggy single player campaign).
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah I put 35 hours in to the PS3 version online and never had any problems. And though the Campaign had glitches, at least it never, ever deleted your save like the PS4 version does again, and again, and again.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Still no fix for that single player save bug in todays patch either. Bit disgraceful that, if im honest. Also not a word on when Sony & PC users will get Second Assault DLC. Its been out on XBox platforms for nearly 7 weeks now. Patience is wearing thin, but just gonna gave to wait a bit longer.
Beck

Post by Beck »

The game must be exceptional for you guys to stick with it. I had little urge to play bf4 before release and absolutely none after hearing about all the problems. It has tarnished the console launch for a lot of people.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

If they said "we'll do another 600mb patch just for the single player bug", I'd tell them not to bloody bother.
I've put 55 hours into the online mode, and I think it's fantastic. Compare that to the 8 hours I put into COD Ghosts, before I got sick of it and traded it.

I can totally understand people giving up on it, Dice and EA haven't done themselves any favours. But when it works, it's excellent.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I was kindly given premium for Valentines day and a funny thing has happened. Well I say funny I mean infuriating!. In the 30+ hours I've played non premium I had one freeze during loading a map and that's it. Now on premium I've had 3 full in game crashes within 24 hours. Ridiculous
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've traded this in, I got 60 hours out of it, but I can't really be arsed to keep downloading update after update. The last two made it worse for me, in as much as every time I put the disc in, the first time I tried to get past the "press start" screen, it'd crash. Closing the "application" and reloading made it work. But I've had enough really.
Can't imagine buying their Star Wars Battlefront game, as though they make brilliant games, their quality control isn't brilliant.