Battlefield 4

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by ratsoalbion »

There's a patch out for current-gen consoles today - might address at least some of these issues (hopefully):
http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/13/battlef ... es-inside/
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Dont think that patch will fix the problems i have with the MP Leon. Unfortunately, It just looks like a patch to improve server stability, not the most pressing issue in my opinion.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That's a shame. I foresee many more patches to come!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Ha ha, :lol: im such a fucking whinger. Psyched for next gen though. Not be long now. :P
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

To be fair Indy it does sound like the current console versions of BF4 are quite stinky!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Put a few more hours in online, after being frustrated with COD Ghosts, this is just so much more fun to play. Done two straight hours now on Team Deathmatch, didn't feel the need to ragequit once. With Ghosts I'm lucky to get a match in before "oh for fuck's sake" sets in.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Medic Gargette, almost ready to deply! Genuinely excited about becoming a more social gamer with the PS4. I even bought a new headset to listen to your orders! *rubs paddles together*

Add Gargette to your PlayStation friends list!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Really looking forward to playing BF4 with you Corporal Gourgette (and the rest of you suckaz)!
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I'm looking forward to getting back into this goodness after a long break from multiplayer shenanigans. Bring on the silly BF deaths once more :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've put at least 20 hours into the PS3 version, mostly Team Deathmatch to unlock equipment. It's bloody brilliant, so proper looking forward to this online PS4-wise.
Banging an invite your way Des :lol:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The 360 and PC versions are hitting Amazon's "Black Friday" deals at 8:15am tomorrow.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Are any fellow PS4 players having issues with the campaign not saving your progress? I've had to start the game four times now and each time to go back I only get the option to start a new game. Very frustrating.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Pitwar wrote:Are any fellow PS4 players having issues with the campaign not saving your progress? I've had to start the game four times now and each time to go back I only get the option to start a new game. Very frustrating.
Friend is having this issue on xbox1 and is frustrating the shit out of him..., I've told him to stop complaining cos at least his console isn't lost in the postal system like mine is ... :(
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yeah mine story reset itself in terms of progression which is not that annoying for me as I don't particularly care for it but what is annoying is the game crashing in conquest almost everytime. My favourite mode! I CANNAE PLAY IT! :(
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Cress1968 wrote:
Pitwar wrote:Are any fellow PS4 players having issues with the campaign not saving your progress? I've had to start the game four times now and each time to go back I only get the option to start a new game. Very frustrating.
Friend is having this issue on xbox1 and is frustrating the shit out of him..., I've told him to stop complaining cos at least his console isn't lost in the postal system like mine is ... :(
I'll consider myself told then! :D
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah I got quite near the end, only for it to lose progress completely. To be honest though, it's pretty mediocre.
chunky_Monkey

Post by chunky_Monkey »

finally got my BF4 dlowloaded (digital copy only) after 36+ hrs seems the game has decided to install and download everything at the same time causing a massive delay in the multiplayer side, but on a good note all the DLC has been downladed as well so only a 100 mb update to activate them all :0
All I have to do now is wait for Don to arrive and we can go tag teaming tanks FTW
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

That's Playstation Chunky, there is no download queuing, so that happens. Awful when you're downloading lots at the same time. Glad to see you got it though.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Had a few lucky rounds of Conquest and I fucking love it. It does crash an awful lot when you play massive maps so I stick to the medium ones to ensure xp is kept.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I only had a few crashes on the launch Friday and a little on the Saturday, seems to have been fine since then. Played mainly Conquest/Rush so far, Conquest is easily my favourite mode and have had quite a few sublime battlefield moments so far. Beautifully chaotic and I much prefer the new maps, I never really got on with the BF3 maps. Looks great on PS4 and 60fps really helps with the immersion.

Wonderful stuff!