Battlefield 4

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by dezm0nd »

There's a new patch out today for BURF 4! 608MB again!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

For fuck's sake, only just did that one from last Friday. Another 6 hours to download that then. Fuck off Dice.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

AndyKurosaki wrote:For fuck's sake, only just did that one from last Friday. Another 6 hours to download that then. Fuck off Dice.
Well, now you've finally made the move into high definition maybe the next consideration could be to improve your broadband capabilities? ;)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I feel for you Andy dude. Slow internets nowadays is as bad as waiting for Renegade to load on a ZX Spectrum in 1989(well, maybe not that bad). Seriously though, how do you even play online if yours is that slow. Mine is shit here, i get maybe 7meg download speed at the best of times. It used to be worse, when i started online gaming it was about 1.3meg maximum, but it would never take 6ish hours to download 600mb, maybe around 2hrs. But with 7meg i have now it roughly does 1.3gig per hour.
Admittedly the PS4 downloads have been noticeably slower than an equivalent amount on my PS3. But 6hrs is still horrendous mate. Its like your connection is having trouble with the data packages or something similar. Have you ever contacted your ISP to run a check on your connection from their end?
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Yeah, 100mb an hour isn't really something that should be happening on any line. I have some of the worst Internet I've had in the last 10+ years as it's only 3.5mb max (on a 20mb Unlimited package) from Sky and 600mb doesn't take long. That's definitely something you should look into. I get faster speeds than that when using my mobile phone to Wirelessly tether (in fairness, it's actually quicker than both my broadbands Upload and Download speed.) If you're in a 3G area, that could be an option for you?
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

With being an electrician for over 20 odd years i've wired my fair share of domestic houses. With that comes the wiring of phone lines & general telecommunications systems in office spaces. So as you'd expect i have chatted to plenty of dudes who know their shit when it comes to tele-comms. They all say the same thing about domestic phone lines though. That is; make sure that your router is in the very first connection of the incoming phone line. Otherwise the package rate is slowed horribly. The next best thing to do if possible is limit the amount of extra phone points after that initial one(preferably have none and just use the wireless handset phones). If just using one phone, connect it from the connection point at the back of the router, do not use a filter splitter device at the wall phone socket(just connect the router into the wall phone socket).
So the line should go like this for optimum use: external phone cable into one phone point in house(wherever that may be, hall, office or kitchen,etc). From that point plug in a good quality ADSL cable and connect to router. From router connect the first wired phone in the set(the rest of the set do not need phone connections, just a 240v socket for the cradle chargers). Use the routers wireless capabilities for all the devices that cannot be physically tethered by an ethernet cable. This way, as i was told on many occasions is the best way to setup a phone/internet system in a house. If wiring extra phone sockets, use CAT5 cable to reduce interference from voltage cables.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Still not fixed.
Dumped to dashboard in the second game. Brilliant.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah, it's a pain. It shouldn't be the line, as when I first got set up in my flat in January, it downloaded no problem (Halo 4's 1gb patch was done in 10 minutes). Few months back it reverted to it's slow speed. Haven't got an answer from BT yet, but once our house is ready I'm going fibre optic.
As far as playing online it works fine, was kicking arse in Squad Deathmatch with Mike and damocles the other night.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I've been sat putting up with my current crappy net connection with its 50gig monthly cap because I intend to switch to BT Infinity when it reaches my flat.

Problem is, they keep postponing the work...

PS+ is basically useless to me until I get an uncapped line :(
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

NokkonWud wrote:Still not fixed.
Dumped to dashboard in the second game. Brilliant.
Yup, happened to me as well. Thinking of just fucking it in the bin.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Anyone playing on 360? I'm hoping it's fixed for Christmas when I'm getting it.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Laughably, the Campaign on ps4 is still completely fucked. 4 times it's completely deleted my save. 3 updates, and it's shagged. Ended up playing the entire thing in one go to finish it once and for all. Even then, twice it crashed completely with the "report this error" message.
Dice, just give up the single player stuff. You're utterly fucking useless with it.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

How long did it take you to get through in one sitting? I'm having the same issue where my save disappears so I think my only shot at playing it through is to sit down and smash through it.

I know Batters isn't known as having decent campaigns but that's no excuse to have an issue like this.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

It's ridiculous, they should be ashamed of themselves. The PS3 version was riddled with bugs, but at least your save file never deleted.
Took me about 5 hours on Normal. By the end I died a few times on some tricky sections, as I'd had enough and just wanted it over with. Then it was a case of redoing the last mission (which is pretty short and simple) on Easy two times in a row to see all three "endings". If you can even call them that. And that's me done, I'll be fucked if I'm playing the Campaign ever again.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I can't see me wanting to start it again anytime soon, I've done the first couple of levels four or five times now. Might wait a few weeks and if it's still not patched smash through it one evening.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Laughably, the Campaign on ps4 is still completely fucked. 4 times it's completely deleted my save. 3 updates, and it's shagged. Ended up playing the entire thing in one go to finish it once and for all. Even then, twice it crashed completely with the "report this error" message.
Dice, just give up the single player stuff. You're utterly fucking useless with it.
I've had the report this error message in other games. Starting to think it's not just the games..
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've had the message pop up once in Killzone. Reckon it's like Windows "an error appeared" message.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

AndyKurosaki wrote:I've had the message pop up once in Killzone. Reckon it's like Windows "an error appeared" message.
It's essentially a general error message. It always seems to pop up when there's a lot of action going on. Almost like it's a memory leak or something. It's commonly the same maps in Battlefield that trigger it (close-quarter, lots of damage or loading into a map when it's generating it all.)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yet another huge update, yet again my Campaign save is utterly deleted. No "corrupt save" message or anything, it just vanishes into thin air. Anyone yet to even try that, my message would be "don't fucking waste your time".
If it wasn't for the multiplayer being so fun this would have been fucked.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I've not checked to see if my save file is missing yet. I probably should. Was only on Chapter 3 at least.