Games no-one has heard of...

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
macstat

Re: Games no-one has heard of...

Post by macstat »

Me too. I love adventures of Twinsen. And that music ...
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

still going through little big adventure on android. got to the part with the rebels. loving it! would have gone through it already if it weren't for all the distractions of other games and since it's on my phone I keep saving it for the time I have nothing else to do somewhere I only have my phone with me... That just never happens :D especially now with the new fire emblem out and all. speaking of distractions I remembered a new old game that I haven't played since forever and what I think is less known outside of Finland. GeneRally. It "was first released as a public beta version in 2002, by Finnish students Hannu & Jukka Räbinä. An homage to a childhood favourite, "Slicks 'n' Slide", GeneRally was aimed at being a simple, top-down arcade racing game." quote from the homepage. The game is actually really good and it's free! It seems the community is still active and at some point in 2015 there was a sequel in the making also. I have such good memories playing the game with my friend racing to be the first taking in to account the tires, gas and health of the car. At times the competition got very intense as we both used the same keyboard. fortunately the game only needs four keys per player. it's easy to download and play so I strongly recommend you give it a go. preferably with a friend!
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Moonstone! Been trying to remember the name of this for weeeeeeks! I bloody loved this on the Amiga when I was a kid. Never met anyone who knew what it was since:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Played moonstone a lot with friends, the silly over the top gore of it was hilarious to us at the time (oh to be a teenager again).
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Yeah, my mate recommended this game to me for years alongside dreamweb, syndicate, panza kickboxing and north&south. All great fun!

I'm not sure if this is unknown but it was a game with very little web presence and I loved it along with it's expansion:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Dream web... Now that was one messed up game. I finished that with a walk through cause it was so difficult but I wanted to experience the whole story.
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Flabyo wrote:Played moonstone a lot with friends, the silly over the top gore of it was hilarious to us at the time (oh to be a teenager again).
Got it on the market on the Albert Dock when I was about 12-13. I was one of them totally legit copies... To be fair at that age it didn't know piracy was a thing. I can remember the first time I played a legit copy of Frontier: Elite. Kept on getting asked for words from the manual every other time I docked. Swiftly went back to the pirate copy.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Flabyo wrote:Dream web... Now that was one messed up game. I finished that with a walk through cause it was so difficult but I wanted to experience the whole story.
Sadly I never managed to finish it, really was an atmospheric piece of ultra violence to go with the comic violence of Alien Breed (at least that's what I thought before a quick google image search revealed corpses holding babies in alien breed which I somehow completely overlooked :? ). It's amazing I got so much time with the Amiga without ever owning one. Much kudos for completing it though, I still remember it being hard as nails.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I loved the game Sink or Swim on the Amiga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sink_or_S ... eo_game%29

Never meet anyone how has played it? It was a desent platform puzzeler set on a sinking ship where you had to save the traped passangers.
Unforatly my copy had gliched levals that I had to try and larn with trial and error as the grphics where a big pink mess!!!
lessthantv

Post by lessthantv »

I remember quite enjoying this game at the time - Keio FlyingSquadron 2 for the Saturn:

As with a lot of Saturn games back then, I remember it being pretty hard to find a copy of.