Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by Suits »

PapaJupe13 wrote:Me, Serena Williams, Gal Gadot, and Floki from Vikings are laying waste to these alien invaders.
:lol: :lol:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

DomsBeard wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:Arkham Knight. Just found out who the Arkham Knight is!!
Did you guess? I thought they signposted it a bit too much
I didn't, but looking back I can see the signs. It wasn't a total shock, the name was one of a few I'd briefly considered and disregarded.

I do think though that....
Spoiler: show
A lot of people playing will have no idea who Todd was. Unless you're really into Batman, Robin is just Robin. I don't think people would generally be aware there have been a number of Robins, let alone have any knowledge of the Death In The Family story! Good choice, though.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

"I played them all"

Great week here, had some time with Inside, Doom, Virginia, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 3 and Zero Time Dilemma.

All brilliant, all well worth the time investment. Haven't seen a week like this in a while. I could mention the Dragon Quest Builders demo that I thought was excellent but then I'd have to mention the Outlast 2 demo which was a stinker so on that note yep, good times had!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah really disappointed you need to collect ALL the Riddler trophies in Arkham knight to finish every side quest. I've 100% the game apart from that almost (just a watchtower left to do and the final story mission) but I just don't want to have to search for another 100+ Riddler trophies. Does anyone know if it affects the ending much?
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I've been replaying Bulders gate but this time on the ipad. Enjoying the reliving the memories. This type of game works so well on the ipad , are there any other RPGs like this that any one can recomend?
Suits

Post by Suits »

Used up my quota of Rhythm Paradise MegaMix Demo uses :( .

My whole body get it's groove on. It's brilliant.

21st of this month its released.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Yep, that'll be my Chrimbo present from the missus sorted!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Bakers_12 wrote:I've been replaying Bulders gate but this time on the ipad. Enjoying the reliving the memories. This type of game works so well on the ipad , are there any other RPGs like this that any one can recomend?
Balders Gate 2 is also on iOS I believe, but other than that I don't think any of the old Black Isle type RPGs are available. If your ipad happens to be jailbroken I think there are ways of playing all the old games like that, and the original Fallout games too.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

And Icewind dale is on there too, thats quite a lot to get done.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Did Shadowrun Returns get an iOS port?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah yes it did, good call.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Pillars of eternity is up there too!

Also speaking of CRPGs Im still playing Arcanum and boy that's a big game,it's packed with stuff I mean just the quests to achieve mastery are staggering but I think Im getting near the end now I just got out of Tsen'ang and I think Im on the final strech of the game,hopefully I'll finnish it this weekend.

I also started Transformers devastation since it was given on PS plus,I gotta be honest Im still on the fence about it I dont think I quite got the whole transformation thing in combat yet and Im really not feeling the RPG elements in this game,the whole weapon synthesis system is actually quite similar to Nioh's but somehow there it feels very satisfing and quick while in transformers is the complete opposite,Im liking the character variety each seem to have it's own unique playstyle and I think that'll be fun to play around with.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I put about half an hour into Transformers but given I'm playing Bayonetta 2 at the moment, off the back of twenty hours plus in the first game, Transformers seems a bit clunky in comparison. The Witch Time mechanic doesn't really make sense in this context because it's not as fast and enemy attacks are less clearly signposted, too, so I keep getting hit because the narrow areas make it hard not to have a blocked view of enemies. Whinge whinge whinge. I'll go back to it when I've finished Bayo and crave a bit more Platinum.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Suits wrote:Used up my quota of Rhythm Paradise MegaMix Demo uses :( .

My whole body get it's groove on. It's brilliant.

21st of this month its released.
Only going up to the tutorial of Ringside. Such a tease....
Suits

Post by Suits »

ColinAlonso wrote:Only going up to the tutorial of Ringside. Such a tease....
Fucking game makes me laugh man :lol: .
Suits

Post by Suits »

Speaking of which, I just got an email from Nintendo saying it's gone up for pre-order.

No free gift though :( .
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Metal Gear Solid 3 has FINALLY clicked for me!

It's been a goal of mine for a while to play through all of the Kojima directed Metal Gear games. I played through Metal Gear 1+2 and Metal Gear Solid 1+2 back in March. I decided to take a break of about a month and then come back to MGS3. I knew a lot of people ranked MGS3 as their favorite, so I wanted to come into it fresh. But when I picked it back up, the control scheme and the mechanics just didn't click with me, so I put it down.

I picked it up again in June and started from the beginning. I had the same problem and I put it down again. In August, I tried AGAIN (starting from the beginning for the third time). I found myself finding excuses to not play video games and I drifted away from it again. This weekend I decided that I HAD to make progress in MGS3. I didn't want to leave this series unfinished. My biggest hangups were the combination of 3rd and 1st person control schemes used in MGS2 and 3 and I knew that MGS4 and 5 move away from that (and I've heard are more fun to play).

I don't know what changed, but for the past couple days I've been successfully judo-ing all of the enemy soldiers and getting a hang of the creative, emergent gameplay. I'm enjoying it a lot. Hopefully it keeps up because I always found the setting and story engaging.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

gallo_pinto wrote:Metal Gear Solid 3 has FINALLY clicked for me!

I don't know what changed, but for the past couple days I've been successfully judo-ing all of the enemy soldiers and getting a hang of the creative, emergent gameplay. I'm enjoying it a lot. Hopefully it keeps up because I always found the setting and story engaging.
I have so much love for MGS 3, and I hope that story pulls you all the way through to the end. MGS 4 and 5 are probably my favourites in terms of actual ingame mechanics and control, however for story - 3 all the way! Enjoy the journey!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

gallo_pinto wrote:Metal Gear Solid 3 has FINALLY clicked for me!
I was kinda wondering if you had given up on it,glad you've gotten into it :D interested to see what you reckon after finnishing it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I played them all last year except number 5, and 3 was probably my favorite - although Peace Walker was a very close second, so stick with the series for sure!

If you're still planning on doing the whole series, I'd say do PW before 4, just because it's a continuation of the story in 3 whereas 4 jumps forwards a few decades.