Playstation Vita Help

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
magicjoef

Playstation Vita Help

Post by magicjoef »

Just wondered if anyone could do me a favour? I'm flirting with the idea of getting a Vita, however there are some complications that a current Vita owner could really help me with.

One of the contributing factors to getting one would be the ability to play my old PSP games on it (all of which were bought online and downloaded via PSN store). I don't have a PS3 to do any 'transfarring', so the games need to be available directly through the UK Vita store to download, and I've heard that not all PSP games are.

Could anyone check if these are available in the UK PSN store through their Vita?
Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm Arctic Edge, Pursuit Force Extreme Justice, WipEout Pure, GTA Vice City Stories, 2010 Fifa World Cup, Need for Speed Shift, Assassins Creed Bloodlines

Really appreciate it if anyone gets a chance to check for me, I can't find a list online.
PlexShaw

Re: Playstation Vita Help

Post by PlexShaw »

From your list, the only titles not currently available for purchase via the PSN Store on the Vita are listed below. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't work though, as they sometimes show the Download button in the Download List area even if purchasing them isn't an option.

Pursuit Force Extreme Justice
2010 Fifa World Cup
Need for Speed Shift

Hope this helps.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Mine is all boxed away at the moment but if no one has managed to reply since I will check for you this evening and let you know.

That said, I am pretty sure Gran Turismo is available.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Brilliant, thanks so much for taking a look. Most of the main stuff I wanted to play would be there then. Combined with the PSOne Classics I bought that isn't a bad selection to carry over. My big fear was that I would be stuck with nothing working without access to a PS3!

The plot thickens, now I need to mull over some of the deals that are around.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I can deffinately recommend getting a Vita. My usual reaction to buying a handheld (and I've owned most of them over the years) is that I play it loads for a week or two, then pick it up less and less over time. The vita has deffinately reversed this trend for me as I've put a ridiculous amount of hours into it over the last few months.

Don't know what kind of deals are around at the moment, but I prioritised one with a decent memory card then filled my Lovefilm list with Vita games to start me off with.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah a good sized memory card is a must, the cheap small-sized ones won't be much good, especially when downloading games.

Personally I love my Vita, there's some great games. A fair few ports, but having Rayman Origins or Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom in your hands is never a bad thing.