What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by Stanshall »

I think Snake Pass is also out for Switch this week. Might just be NA but it says coming this week on the eShop.

Thanks, as ever. I always check this thread.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Might get kingdom hearts. If its a decent price anyway, quite fancy some of that.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Another game that came out on PSN (at least in Australia, maybe check your region) is a PS2 Classics game for the PS4: Fatal Fury Battle Archives, Vol. 2. Again, it's originally part of the Japanese-only Neo Geo Online collection, and it's good to see it released outside of Japan (again, check your region... I'm a bit lazy at the moment).

I'll definitely be downloading it (not yet, I'm secretly typing at work). However, while I haven't played this particular PS2 port, I do own the MVS carts for Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, and they are fantastic games with beautiful artwork and animations:

It's best to think of the Real Bout series as the equivalent of Street Fighter's Ultra/Super/Hyper/etc editions, where it's all about refinements, tweaks, extra characters and other additions. And it's certainly much more accessible and enjoyable than the main Fatal Fury series.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Persona 5
PS3, PS4 - Deep Silver - April 4th 2017

ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny
PS4 - Maximum Games - April 7th 2017

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
PC, PS4, Xbox One - Gearbox Software - April 7th 2017
LEGO City Undercover
Switch, PS4, Xbox One - Warner Bros - April 7th 2017

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls
3DS - Nintendo -April 7th 2017
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Bulletstorm is a lot more fun than it's incredibly silly and dumb sense of humour might make you think it is. Although I can't help but think sticking the original out on ps+ or games with gold would've been the better option to a full remake.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The original has already been on PS+. It was quite a while ago though.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I enjoyed the original when it came out in the Xbox 360 all those years ago, some pretty memorable moments and mechanics.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I was gonna say it's already been on PS+. That game was brilliant, as long as you ignored the dialogue! I'm definitely up for replaying it when it hits the sales, not sure I'm inclined to go in at full price though. On the other hand, I hope it sells well because I'd love a sequel, but realistically I'm not sure it will.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Did anyone play Lego City Undercover? I think it looks good, but I'm not a huge Lego games fan, other than occasionally playing them with my eldest. I know it reviewed very well.
Joshihatsumitsu

I preordered my "Take Your Heart" edition of Persona 5 almost as soon as it was announced last year.

And I can't wait for it to arrive so I can lovingly put it on my shelf to sit there for many, many months while I play catch up with other titles!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Alex79uk wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 11:01 pm Did anyone play Lego City Undercover? I think it looks good, but I'm not a huge Lego games fan, other than occasionally playing them with my eldest. I know it reviewed very well.
Lego City Undercover is very good but from my point of view, you do need to get excited by the core mechanic those games have. It's well written, genuinely funny and is probably my favourite of the Lego games that I've played but I became bored of the formula a looong time ago.

The load times on the Wii U were killer, too. Almost put me off playing it. (and I didn't complete it)
Suits

Post by Suits »

I very nearly picked up Lego Worlds on the weekend, I'm not normally into the Lego games but I liked the idea of this one and was attracted by the price of it.

Ended up have a few too many beers though and watched Thundercats instead :lol: .
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 11:07 pm I preordered my "Take Your Heart" edition of Persona 5 almost as soon as it was announced last year.
Spent ages considering getting it, but frankly the non game things, bar Morgana, would just be put away in a wardrobe, even the bag as I prefer backpacks. Anyway I'll get Persona 5 by the end of the week and start it at the weekend. I don't want to start it on work nights, I'll be too excited about it and stay up way too late. :D
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

You'll be fine, looks good for about 5 seconds but mine's been collecting dust under the bed since Saturday morning. The bag and cd are a bit low grade but the art book is nice and the plush is sort of okay if you like those things!
Joshihatsumitsu

I have my Persona Nendoroids (Jack Frost, Aegis, Teddy and Yukiko), so yeah, I like those sort of nerdy things!

There hasn't been much in this generation of gaming that's really grabbed me, so I didn't mind splurging a bit on this.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: April 4th, 2017, 1:07 am I have my Persona Nendoroids (Jack Frost, Aegis, Teddy and Yukiko), so yeah, I like those sort of nerdy things!

There hasn't been much in this generation of gaming that's really grabbed me, so I didn't mind splurging a bit on this.
I can't blame you, I've been doing the same all year. Less can be more :D

Those Nendoroid things look pretty cool, must look into them sometime. Hopefully by now you're all enjoying the game, it's a stunner!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Been waiting a looong time for this week to arrive.

Bayonetta - PC
StarBlood Arena - PSVR
Yooka-Laylee - PC, PS4, XB1
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Definitely interested in Full Throttle and Wonderboy 3 :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

And Yooka Laylee... right?

.... right? ;)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

There's an Overwatch event this week at some point, and also we should get the latest content drop for elite dangerous as well which adds the ability to finally create a player avatar :)