Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Post by JaySevenZero »

As you all know by now we've been creating a series of podcast specials, with the focus being on the consoles themselves. The podcasts encompass the history of the chosen system from launch through its evolution, mixed with the panels personal perspective of their time spent with it. There's also discussion of some of the stand-out titles for the system.

As with the regular Cane and Rinse podcast, we'd like to include contributions from you, our community, too. So we've created this sub-forum and threads so you can leave us your most memorable moments spent with the systems we're covering.

Our eighth show will cover the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP).

All being well, we'll be recording this in late December 2019. So If you have something to say about this system this is where you should leave it.

As with the others, this will be also a three month timed exclusive for our Patreon, with each special being released on our regular feed only once the next one is published, so if ever there was a time to give us just 75p-80p per month, this could be it!
RetroClarence

Re: Console Special No.7: Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Post by RetroClarence »

I want to declare an interest: I love the PSP (and the Vita)!

Of all the (I hate to think!) consoles and computers I have bought over the past 30 or so years, I have the strongest and fondest memories of picking up the Vita. In 2005, I travelled for 8 weeks around South America. Being an avid gamer and a bit of a Sony fan boy at the time, I was super-excited at the prospect of a portable PlayStation. It was due out in the Autumn in Europe but I knew it had just been released in North America.

I wasn't in North America and I was hardly visiting massive commercial centres in South America, so, while I dreamed of picking one up, I didn't really expect to. All of that changed when our group got to Asuncion in Paraguay. We were on a tour of the city and I was eagerly watching out for anywhere which may sell electronics or video games. I found what appeared to be a camera shop and, having gone in on a bit of a chance, there was a PSP. Happy days! I picked it up (I recall thinking it was quite expensive and more expensive than it should have been) with a copy of Lumines and my group and I spent many hours over the ensuing works seeing who could get the furthest. I have such happy memories of whizzing along Brazilian highways with the Lumines soundtrack in my ears. It never gets old!

I don't know what happened to that particular machine, I think it disappeared during one of the many moves I made over the next few years. I have since acquired a new PSP and I am still working my way through the incredible catalogue of games. Lumines is one of my desert island games, a game I think I could play forever and still get enjoyment from. I have been wowed by the God of War games and staggered by the GTA games... and I haven't even played FF7: Crisis Core or MGS Peace Walker yet.

For purely nostalgic reasons, it's one of my favourite consoles of all times. With my nostalgia goggles off, I think it's a very capable machine with tons of great games... if only Sony had really got behind it (and its successor).
Alex79

Re: Console Special No.7: Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) - recording 28.12.19

Post by Alex79 »

Dammit, totally forgot to post in this thread.

:(

I just noticed the recording date was yesterday...
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Same here I forgot completely. I loved my PSP to death...twice!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Me too! After my ex-girlfriend spilled Calpol all over my first one...