What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Joining Leon Cox in Sound of Play 212 is the Grammy nominated and two-time BAFTA winning composer for flOw, Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine, Journey, ABZÛ, The Banner Saga trilogy, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Absolver and the newly released ERICA, Austin Wintory
Music used in this podcast:
1. Know Thyself by Austin Wintory – ERICA, 2019
2. Carry Me Back to Her Arms by Jessica Curry – Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, 2015
3. Their Waters Were Mingled Together by Austin Wintory – ABZÛ, 2016
4. Vignette: Corruption by Disasterpeace – Hyper Light Drifter, 2016
5. Underground by Austin Wintory – Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, 2015
6. Main Theme by Bear McCreary – Dark Void, 2010
7. Ruin Beyond the Walls by Austin Wintory – The Banner Saga 3, 2018
8. Home to Me by Jason Graves, featuring Malukah – Moss, 2018
9. Aria for Delphi by Austin Wintory – ERICA, 2019
Sound of Play 212 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.