Joining Leon Cox for this week’s Sound of Play are the composer Nathan McCree (Tomb Raider) and Luke Earle (the other Sound of Play)
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music featured in this podcast:
1. Tomb Raider Theme (Tomb Raider Suite) by Nathan McCree – Tomb Raider, 1996
2. Sound of Play soundscape extract by Luke Earle
3. T-Rex (Tomb Raider Suite) by Nathan McCree – Tomb Raider, 1996
4. Main Theme by Michael Giacchino – Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, 2002
5. Giratina Battle Music by Hitomi Sato/Satoshi Nohara/Junichi Masuda/Go Ichinose – Pokémon Platinum, 2008
6. Tears of Karan – Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber – Homeworld, 1999
7. Sogno di Volare (Main Theme) by Christopher Tin – Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, 2016
8. Going Up, Going Down/Beyond the Sea by Garry Schyman – BioShock, 2007
9. Venice (Tomb Raider Suite) by Nathan McCree – Tomb Raider II: Starring Lara Croft, 1997
Sound of Play 237 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.