What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Title Screen by Junichi Masuda/Shota Kageyama – Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee!, 2018
2. Main Theme (Orchestral Version) by Yoko Shimomura – Parasite Eve, 1998
3. Rooftops by Ola Strandh – Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, 2019
4. Lunatic Pandora by Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy VIII, 1999
5. Gathering 3 by Rutger Zuydervelt – Astroneer, 2016
6. Zero by Keiki Kobayashi/Tetsukazu Nakanishi/Hiroshi Okubo/Junichi Nakatsuru – Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, 2006
7. Village of Rynoka by David Fen – Moonlighter, 2018
8. Moonlight by Joakim Sandberg – Iconoclasts, 2018
9. Main Theme (Korobeiniki) by ARIKA (Trad.) – Tetris 99, 2019
Sound of Play 191 was edited by Jay Taylor (@JaySevenZero)
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.