Joining host Leon Cox (@ratsoalbion) in this podcast is Chris Smith (@ChrisSmithster) from the Retrocollect and Maximum Power Up podcasts with community contributions from community members MauricioMM, TheStuntLady, XeNo and FollowMyRuin.*
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Star Maze by Kazumi Totaka – Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, 1992
2. Field of Hopes and Dreams by Toby Fox – Deltarune, 2018
3. Title Theme by Jonathan Dunn – RoboCop, 1990
4. Valor by Chipzel – Octahedron, 2018
5. Sunshine Coastline by Hayato Sonoda/Takahiro Unisuga – Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, 2016
6. Stage 8 (Curse the Moon) by Michiru Yamane – Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, 2018
7. The Edge of Soul by Benten-Maru, performed by Suzi Kim – Soul Edge, 1996
8. King Stage by Nobuyoshi Sano/Keiichi Okabe/Yuu Miyake/Minamo Takahashi/Hiroyuki Kawada – Tekken 3, 1997
9. Your Vibe by Asuke Sakai – R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, 1998
Sound of Play 203 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.