Joining host Leon Cox, for Sound of Play 221 is David Grund, developer of the narrative-driven fantasy adventure game A Story Beside and the colorful life sim World’s Dawn
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Sundae Inn by Eriko Ito – Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility, 2007
2. Cherry Hunter Trailer by Motohiro Kawashima – Streets of Rage 4, 2019
3. The Farthest Land (Reprise) by Ko Otani – Shadow of the Colossus, 2005
4. Ion Storm by Frank Klepacki/Jarrid Mendelson – Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, 1999
5. Staff Roll by Koji Kondo – The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, 2002
6. Follow Me by Chris Larkin – Expand, 2015
7. To Zanarkand (Distant Worlds II) by Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy X, 2001
8. The Kreisau Circle by Mick Gordon/Martin Stig Andersen – Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, 2017
9. Credits Medley by Peter Gunder – A Story Beside, 2019
Sound of Play 221 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.