Joining Leon Cox for this week’s podcast is Joshua Garrity.
Every Wednesday in Sound of Play, we bring you some of our favourite pieces from the many videogame soundtracks we’ve enjoyed over the decades. So venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.
Music featured in this podcast:
1. Trisection by Hitoshi Sakimoto/Masaharu Iwata – Final Fantasy Tactics, 1997
2. Intro Story by by Yoshito Hirano/Yuka Tsujiyoko – Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, 2004
3. Against the Wind (Coerthas Western Highlands) by Masayoshi Soken – Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, 2015
4. Our Kingdom Will Fall by Andreas Waldetoft – Crusader Kings II, 2012
5. Jaws of a Scorched Earth by Michiru Yamane/Yasuhiro Ichihashi – Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, 2008
6. Orlais Theme by Trevor Morris – Dragon Age: Inquisition, 2014
7. Dwelling by Eirik Suhrke – Spelunky 2, 2020
8. The Painful Way by Darren Korb – Hades, 2018
9. A Beautiful Song by Keiichi Okabe/Keigo Hoashi, vocal by Emi Evans – NieR:Automata, 2017
Sound of Play 271 was edited by Jay Taylor