This week, Leon Cox goes it alone with an all community request Sound of Play.
Every Wednesday in Sound of Play, we bring you some of our, and your, favourite pieces from the many videogame soundtracks we’ve enjoyed over the decades.
Tracks featured in Sound of Play 295:
1. Overworld Theme by Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy, 1987
2. Dire, Dire Docks by Koji Kondo – Super Mario 64, 1996
3. Last Decisive Battle – Big Tenrai by Noriyuki Asakura – Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, 2003
4. Ocean World: Abyss Suspense by Christophe Héral/Billy Martin – Rayman Origins, 2011
5. Main Menu by Gustavo Santolalla – The Last of Us, 2013
6. The Last Array by Marty O’Donnell/Michael Salvatori/C. Paul Johnson – Destiny, 2014
7. V Has Come To by Ludvig Forssell – Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, 2015
8. Bubble by Hidenori Shoji and all SEGA Sound team – Ry? ga Gotoku Zero: Chikai No Basho, 2015
9. Velen – Spitfire Bluff (Day / Night) by Martin Przyby?owicz – The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, 2015
Sound of Play 295 edited by Jay Taylor