Joining host Ryan Hamann (@InsrtCoins) in this podcast is composer and arranger David Peacock (@daviddpeacock) who talks about his creative process and the musical work he has done in the Materia Collective.
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Antipyretic by David Peacock, orig. Hitoshi Sakimoto – Final Fantasy Tactics, 2017
2. Presentiment/Chrono Trigger by The Hit Points, orig. Yasunori Mitsuda – Chrono Trigger, 1995
3. Ruins by David Peacock & Augustine Mayuga Gonzales, orig. toby fox – Undertale, 2018
4. Yggdrasil (“Wings”) by David Peacock, orig. Yasunori Mitsuda – Xenogears, 1998
5. Find Your Way by Shiro Hamaguchi, orig. Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy VIII, 1999
6. The World’s Enemy by Kazuhiko Toyama – Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, 2007
7. Nature by David Peacock & Augustine Mayuga Gonzales, orig. Disasterpeace – Fez, 2012
8. Samorost 3 Main Theme by Floex – Samorost 3, 2016
9. Ori and the Blind Forest by David Peacock, orig. Gareth Coker – Ori and the Blind Forest, 2015
Sound of Play 206 was edited by Ryan Hamann
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.