What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Condemnation by Hiroki Morishita – Fire Emblem Fates, 2016
2. Earth -FM scene mix- by Zinger & Bacter – Psyvariar: Medium Unit, 2008
3. Lei Havina by Kohei Tanaka – Gravity Rush 2, 2017
4. Southern City Polpota by Yoko Shimomura – Legend of Mana, 1999
5. Receive You by Haruyoshi Tomita – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, 2018
6. Party in the Clouds by Jake Kaufman – Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!!, 2012
7. Arid Euphony by Monomer – The Mummy Demastered, 2017
8. Battle at the South Gate by Joe Sua & Jordan Chin – Final Fantasy IX, 2019
9. 1980 in videogame music by Ryan Hamann – various, 1980
Sound of Play 211 was edited by Ryan Hamann
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.