Our aim with Sound of Play is to offer a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
For this week’s Sound of Play Leon Cox goes it alone for an all community request show.
Music used in this issue:
1. Stage B Dracula Battle – Dracula’s Death by Masanori Adachi/Taro Kudo – Super Castlevania IV, 1991
2. Tex’s Lament by Richie Havens – The Pandora Directive, 1996
3. Boot and BIOS by Kyo Nanami – Neo Geo Pocket Color, 1999
4. Arsenal by Yoshiyuki Usui/Yuko Araki – Phantom Dust, 2004
5. Captain O’Kane/The Clergy’s Lamentation by Composed by Turlough O’Carolan, performed by the Ensemble Galilei – Fate, 2005
6. Missile ~ A Courageous Little Animal by Masakazu Sugimori – Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, 2010
7. Ark Mall Combat Phase by Satoshi Igarashi – Astral Chain, 2019
8. Satori Marsh at Night by Manami Kiyota – Xenoblade Chronicles, 2010
9. Into Free by B’z – Dragon’s Dogma, 2012
Sound of Play 217 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.