Joining Leon Cox, in Sound of Play 223 is Cane and Rinse community member and blog contributor David Rushe
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Fire Level by Ben Daglish – Captain Planet and the Planeteers, 1991
2. Ark Ver. 1 by Kanako Kakino/Eriko Imura/Asuka Sakai/Yuji Masubuchi/Katsuro Tajima/Go Shiina/Hiromi Shibano/Kohta Takahashi – Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil, 2001
3. Urban Fragments by Kouta Takahashi – R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, 1998
4. Number1 by Mux Mool – Nidhogg 2, 2017
5. Loading Screen Theme by Michael Hunter – Grand Theft Auto IV, 2008
6. Knuckle by Chadd Portwine/Tim Stasica/Fred Love/Coma – Hunter: The Reckoning, 2002
7. House Building Song by Woody Jackson, vocals by David “Fergie” Ferguson – Red Dead Redemption 2, 2018
8. Arid Euphony by Monomer (Gavin Allen) – The Mummy Demastered, 2017
9. Metal Gear Saga by Norihiko Hibino – Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, 2008
Sound of Play 223 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.