Joining Leon Cox, in Sound of Play 225 is Cane and Rinse team contributor Leah Haydu
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Ending and Staff Credits by Ryo Nagamatsu (original by Minako Hamano) – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, 2019
2. Vampire Evil King Battle by Jun-Ichi Doi/Takamitsu Kajikawa/Yoshikazu Kawatani/Toda Kazuhide/Toshiaki Murata – Okage: Shadow King, 2001
3. Fighting Chance by Chipzel – Dicey Dungeons, 2019
4. Starlight Zone by Masato Nakamura – Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991
5. Free Spirits by Jonathan Morali – Life Is Strange 2, 2019
6. Praying Hands (Cloud Castle) by Hidehiro Funauchi – Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge, 1991
7. Looming Dread by Shusaku Uchiyama/Zhenlan Kang – Resident Evil 2, 2019
8. Japan Midboss – Hardcore to the Brain by Yoshitaka Hirota/Yasunori Mitsuda/Kenji Ito – Shadow Hearts II, 2004
9. BB’s Theme by Ludvig Forssell, vocal by Jenny Platt – Death Stranding, 2019
Sound of Play 225 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.