Joining Leon Cox, in Sound of Play 233 is retro gamer and co-host of The Retro Asylum, Chris Worthington
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music featured in this podcast:
1. Elec Man by Manami Matsumae – Mega Man, 1987
2. Tango Alpha Bravo by Stephen Rippy – Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, 1998
3. Woodtick by Michael Z. Land – Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge – Special Edition, 2010
4. The Masked King – GaMetal by Jun Ishikawa/Hirokazu Ando, remixed by Jonny Atma – Kirby Super Star Ultra, 2008
5. Bonds of Sea and Fire by Yasunori Mitsuda – Xenogears, 1998
6. Stripe Summer by ‘Dil-Don’t’ – Grand Theft Auto III, 2001
7. Mechanical Man by Frank Klepacki – Command & Conquer, 1995
8. Amazonas by Keiji Takeuchi/Akiyoshi “Einosuke” Nagao/Katsumi Tanaka – Super Aleste, 1992
9. Tite Mites (Crystal Cave) by Kenneth C M Young – Astro Bot Rescue Mission, 2018
Sound of Play 233 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.