Joining Leon Cox, in Sound of Play 239 is Cane and Rinse contributor, Richard Davison
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music featured in this podcast:
1. Rooftop Escape by Frida Johansson and Henrik Oja – Unravel Two, 2018
2. Boot Hill by Jon Hare/Richard Joseph – Cannon Fodder, 1993
3. Downside Ballad by Darren Korb – Pyre, 2017
4. Main Title by Kazumi Totaka – Wave Race 64, 1996
5. Nakatsu Cavern Theme by Yugo Kanno – Nioh, 2017
6. La Danse Macabre (Lich Yard) by Jake Kaufman – Shovel Knight, 2014
7. Sanctuary by Takeshi Furakawa – The Last Guardian, 2016
8. We Did It! by Hidenori Shoji and all SEGA Sound team – Yakuza 0, 2015
9. Stratosphere: So They Say by Alina Renae and Metalmouse – Tetris Effect, 2018
Sound of Play 239 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.