For our 200th Sound of Play, members of the Cane and Rinse team have assembled to share some of the tracks from all throughout videogame history that have meant the most to them. Come celebrate 200 episodes of Sound of Play with a cracking selection of tunes!
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Music by Kevin Perkin – Florence, 2018
2. Main Theme by Kärtsy Hatakka & Kimmo Kajasto – Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, 2003
3. Mass Destruction by Shoji Meguro – Persona 3, 2006
4. This Is True Love Makin’ by Satoshi Ise – Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of hte Millennium 2001, 2001
5. Dancing Mad by The Black Mages – Final Fantasy VI, 1994
6. I Expect You to Die by Bonnie Bogovich, Timothy Rosko, & Conor Fallon – I Expect You to Die, 2016
7. Tristram Village by Matt Uelmen – Diablo, 1996
8. Prologue ~ To the Ancient Land ~ by Kow Otani – Shadow of the Colossus, 2005
9. Legends of Azeroth by Jason Hayes – World of WarCraft, 2004
10. The Angel’s Tears by Mitsuto Suzuki – Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, 2013
11. Dark Stages by Kazumi Totaka – Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, 1992
12. Under Cover of Night by Martin O’Donnell & Michael Salvatori – Halo: Combat Evolved, 2001
13. Always Been but Never Dreamed by Noboru Mutoh & Kate Brady – Tetris Effect, 2018
14. Want You Gone by Jonathan Coulton & Ellen McLain – Portal 2, 2011
Sound of Play 200 was edited by Ryan Hamann
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.