Our aim with Sound of Play is to offer a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Joining host Leon Cox, in this week’s podcast is community member James Hart.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Undersea Palace by Yasunori Mitsuda – Chrono Trigger, 1995
2. The Credits Concerto by David Wise/Eveline Fischer/Robin Beanland- Donkey Kong Country, 1994
3. Ragnarok Canyon by David Wise – Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, 1994
4. Main Menu (Strange Things) by Randy Newman/Allister Brimble – Toy Story, 1995
5. Hold My Thoughts In My Heart by Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy VII, 1997
6. Beetle Lair & Nethership Interior by Chase Ashbaker/Rich Carle/Brian Chard – Mortal Kombat: Deception, 2004
7. Sister by Martin Stig Andersen – LIMBO, 2010
8. Air Man ga Taosenai by Seramikarutitan, 2007
9. Peril by Martin O’Donnell/Michael Salvatori – Halo 2, 2004
Sound of Play 199 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.