For this week’s Sound of Play podcast Leon Cox is joined by fellow Cane and Rinse (and Video Wizards) stalwart, Michiel Kroder.
Every Wednesday in Sound of Play, we bring you some of our, and your, favourite pieces from the many videogame soundtracks we’ve enjoyed over the decades.
Tracks featured in this Sound of Play:
1. Zone 2 Hellfire Hamlet Stage 2 by Masato Kouda/Kento Hasegawa/Ryuta Hida, original by Tamayo Kawamoto – Ghosts ’n Goblins Resurrection, 2021
2. Battle 06 by Akira Senju – Project Triangle Strategy, 2021
3. Expendable Blockade DX (Stage 3) by Ed Tremblay – […], 2021
4. Days of Sunshine (Tokugawa Ieyasu’s Theme) by Yoko Kanno – Nobunaga’s Ambition: Haouden, 1992
5. The Monster’s Lair by Shinichi Sakamoto – Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap, 1989
6. A Scattered Moment by Hidenori Shoji – Yakuza Kiwami 2, 2017
7. Tail Cave (Level 1 Dungeon) by Ryo Nagamatsu, original by Kazumi Totaka/Minako Hamano/Kozue Ishikawa – The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, 2019
8. Sanctuary of Mana Theme (Decision Bell) by Hiroki Kikuta – Trials of Mana, 2020
9. Precious Heart (Sakura Theme) by Shinji Hosoe – Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha, 1997
Sound of Play 297 edited by Jay Taylor