What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Track listing for this show is as follows:
1. Devil Kazumi by Rio Hamamoto – Tekken 7, 2015
2. Specter’s Castle by Soichi Terada – Ape Escape, 1999
3. The Trees Have Eyes by Yasunori Nishiki – Octopath Traveler, 2018
4. Pascal by Keiichi Okabe, arranged by Ryu Kawamura – NieR: Automata, 2017
5. Force and Furious (Dwarven Forge) by Noriyasu Agematsu – Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, 2015
6. Move Me by Kohta Takahashi – Ridge Racer Type 4, 1998
7. Wake Up, Moving On by Kevin Penkin – Florence, 2018
8. End Credits Theme by Lyndon Hollan – Virginia, 2016
9. The Crystals by William Carlos Reyes – Guitar Collections FINAL FANTASY IV, 2018
Sound of Play 181 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.