What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar by Kelly Bailey – Half-Life, 1998
2. Midcopse – Velen Exploration 2 by Marcin Przyby?owicz/Miko?aj Stroi?ski – The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, 2015
3. Water Ruin by Robin Beanland – Jet Force Gemini, 1999
4. Inner Animal by Scattle – Hotline Miami, 2012
5. Main Theme by Shinobu Amayake – Stunt Race FX (Wild Trax), 1994
6. Rabanastre Lowtown by Hitoshi Sakimoto – Final Fantasy XII, 2006
7. Jump in the Grasslands! by Takeo Miratsu – Jumping Flash!, 1995
8. Honeybee by Steam Powered Giraffe – SteamWorld Heist, 2015
9. Forest Dawn: Boscage by Hydelic – Tetris Effect, 2018
Sound of Play 205 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.