What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Intro by Fumito Tamayama/Hiroto Kanno – Decap Attack, 1991
2. Angel’s Rain by Yukiko Ehara – We Love Katamari, 2005
3. Outer Wilds Ventures – Traveller Theme – Custom Buildup Version by Andrew Prahlow – Outer Wilds, 2019
4. 24-hour Cinderella by ZENTA, lyrics by Ryosuke Horii – Yakuza 0, 2015
5. Nocturne by Bill Kiley/Justin Stander – Katana ZERO, 2019
6. Super Monkey Likes Daddy by Kota Hoshino – Armored Core: Nexus, 2004
7. Season Game 01 by More Yamasan (Keiji Yamagishi) – Tecmo Super Bowl, 1991
8. Backyard Jazz by Morten Sørlie/Tor Linløkken/Bjørn Arve Lagim – Anarchy Online, 2001
9. Hammerhead by Yoko Shimomura – Final Fantasy XV, 2016
Sound of Play 209 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.